About 5 years ago I was driving down the road in my flatbed work truck and realized I had best get some gas soon. My truck uses diesel so I needed to find a gas station that carried diesel. I remembered there was this Texaco station that had it, and it was close by. I went inside and prepaid, and started pumping the gas. As I was standing there a big truck driver (about 6' 5" 350 lbs.) walks in the door to the station. It's a huge station with a convenience store and he was about 100 feet away. Immediately I hear God say to me "dead man walking". I ignored it. I see him come out and I hear the same thing. I don't hear an audible voice but I know it's God speaking to me within my spirit. Then God tells me to go over and talk to this guy. I say no way. He tells me again. I really didn't want to do this. I'm arguing with God in my mind, saying "God, I don't want to!" Why are You even asking me to do this? I'm thinking he might get upset with me, think I'm crazy, and/or kick
my butt or something. I'm intimidated by this guy. Finally I give in. I approach the man as he is filling his tanks to his big truck and trailer rig. I say to him excuse me, but God has told me to tell you something. I tell him I'm a Christian and I know when God is speaking something to me....and He just did right now. I said I'm sorry but I need to be obedient to Him. He asked me if this happens all the time. I said no, I can count on my fingers, the specific times He has spoken to me like this, in my life. I told him when I saw him God said to me " dead man walking '. And along with that came the feeling that something is going to happen to you if you don't make some changes now. He looked as if someone had just read his mail. He said, "I'm having tests being done right now because I have been having chest pains, high blood pressure, and other complications." I told him how hesitant I was, yet he thanked me. I told him I would be praying for him. He thanked me again and told me he would take it all to heart. I left, and prayed for him immediately as I left in my truck. God whispered in my spirit.....See that wasn't so bad, was it? I don't know why God chose me for this task, but I'm glad He did, and that I was obedient! My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27 . Lord help me to draw closer and closer to You, that I may hear Your voice in all that I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment