Friday, October 9, 2009
JUST IN TIME
I know just about everybody is going through some pretty tough times these days. Here is a little story of a miracle relating to God's provision. When I was just 21, I was living on my own in a small batchelor apartment. I had a good job but was making just barely enough to cover my bills. There was no extra money each month, and I was barely able to afford to spend money for food. I definately was scrimping. Rent came do at the first of the month and I was exactly $100.00 short. I had no source to get that rent paid. I gave it to the Lord and said, Lord I don't know what to do. I was starting to fret about it, but held firm in my faith that God was going to provide for me. It was the time of year when the weather was starting to cool down and chill at night, kind of like what the weather is like now. I get ready to go outside one evening and I thought....better take my jacket. I hadn't worn it since the previous winter. I put it on and reach into the pocket to warm my hands and pull out a $100.00 bill. Back in those days, hundred dollar bills were few and far between.(over 30 years ago) I had never seen one before. None of my friends that would have come over even had that kind of money. It had to be a miracle! God put all the circumstances together at just the very day I needed that money. I knew it was Him, thanked Him, and laughed, and said I was sorry I doubted Him. Just remember the little miracles He has dropped in your laps through the years. He will do it again and again. Trust Him for the big stuff too.....But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Bill, this blog is such a blessing to me and I've recommended it to a dear friend who is out of work. I love the song today, "Through It All." And I know she'll be blessed by this post. I especially appreciate being able to direct her to The Tribute to Frances so she can have Head Into the Wind as a resource to turn to over and over. God bless you.
I remember this story! :)
Post a Comment