Wednesday, October 7, 2009
HELP ME TO FORGIVE
About 2 1/2 years ago God reached into my heart and performed a miracle. No, not a physical one, but a spiritual one. You see I had neatly tucked away some bitterness and unforgiveness toward another in a corner of my heart, and didn't want to give it up. I felt betrayed by a close friend. I had been carrying this around for several years and felt I was in the clear because I was the victim. But one day, this brother and his family made a guest visit to the church I was attending. God was already bringing conviction to me in my heart about this, yet I couldn't get passed it. I think I was waiting for a heartfelt apology or something. Whether or not I deserved an apology is beside the point. Earlier that day the Lord said to me in a still small voice "The Bitter Waters of Mara". Immediately I recalled Moses tossing the piece of wood into the bitter water and it turning sweet. That evening, when I saw my friend I felt the miracle. All the bitterness disappeared and was replaced with a feeling of love and forgiveness. I was excited to see them. All that other stuff that had happened was not the slightest bit important. You see God had said to me earlier ....How can you expect me to forgive you if you can't forgive another? I felt ashamed that I had let that stand in the way of me and God. What a feeling when that burden is lifted. Please don't let something that someone has done to you or your loved ones, no matter how terrible or trivial it is, stand between you and the Lord. Look at all the things He has forgiven us for. Forgiving someone and asking for forgiveness are two of the hardest things to do.....won't you agree? He will help you too if you ask, even if you think it's impossible. Thank you Lord for forgiving me. Help me to forgive one another daily, even as You have forgiven me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment