Tuesday, October 13, 2009
GUARDIAN ANGEL
Back in 1972, a fairly new Christian of about 1 year, I encountered what could have been a deadly experience. I was living with my father in his apartment, when one day we were returning from dinner, and proceeding to park his car. We were assigned only one parking slot which was just in front of our apartment unit. There was a beat-up old car in our space and we had no place else to park. My dad told me to get out and ask them to move. So I get out and approach their car of 4 occupants and ask the passenger in the front seat if they would move their car because they were in our spot. The young man bolts out and sticks a switchblade up to my throat, digging in almost breaking the skin. He say's "And what if we don't?". I say ,"Then I'll go get the manager". He was extremely irrate. He says, How 'bout I spill your guts all over the ground?". I look at him calmly, and ask him if he knew that Jesus loved him. He then looks about 2 feet above my head and gets this terrified look on his face, as if he had seen a ghost. He yells, "I Know He Does!!" He then turns and runs to his friends car, and they peel out as if they are running from the police. I believe that at that moment God allowed him to see my guardian angel standing behind me. At the split second before I had responded to that young man, I was prepared to lose my life. I had the peace of God that passes understanding at that moment. I was more concerned of that guys soul. I am assured that when I die I will be present with the Lord. Thanks Lord for watching over me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment