

Today I was driving by a park and I saw a softball team playing some ball. It reminded me of all the fun times I shared coaching 3 of my kids from their t-ball years to their mid teens. I really miss it! I had the pleasure of coaching them for about 10 years in a local park league. In fact we lived 4 houses down from the park. Seeing them learn and interact was such a blessing! I coached 6-7 year old tee-ball through till 14-15 year olds. They all grew up and those days were over. We had played the cycle each year with the complete team. Baseball, basketball, and football for the boys. Softball, basketball, and volley tennis for the girls. I realize some things are in your life but for a season. I am so glad I made time for my kids in this. I wish I had spent more individual time with them in other things. But I can't change the past. I would love to coach again someday though! Maybe my grandkids. God has blessed me with 4 great kids. I love them so much! Children are a blessing from the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment