Wednesday, September 23, 2009
ANSWER TO PRAYER
I was blessed today to hear an update on someone I haven't seen in a long time. This homeless lady sleeping in the parking lot next door to my shop during a cold and rainy winter 3 or 4 years ago was a very troubled lady. Nobody would have anything to do with her cause she would talk and yell to herself all the time.I mean like....scream. She would let nobody near.You could tell she was sick, cold, hungry, lost. I prayed for her and had a burden in my heart for her. What was it that someone did to her to cause this? She especially didn't let men approach her. She slept IN the rain! no covers, no food, no hot coffee. Soaking wet, yelling. I'm already starting to cry as I type this........ Lord help this woman!, I prayed. Everyone else laughed and called her "crazy lady". I took her a tarp to cover herself as it was POURING rain! She would not let me approach her. I left. Later on I would see her wandering the neighborhood aimlessly. I would tell her God loved her. She ignored me. I always smiled at her. One day we met as I was walking up front to get a newspaper. I gave her $5.00. She took it and went directly and got some food. As days passed she was looking a little better. I then see her at the donut shop and she says hi, and we have a small conversation on how she got to the streets. I gave her $5.00 bucks again. She told me her name, I told her Jesus loves her, and she left. She looked as if she was improving for one reason or another. As time passed I didn't see her again. Then today I was talking to my neighbor in the shop in back of me, and he said..... you won't believe it. He said he sees that woman all the time now around. Driving that is! She's all cleaned up and has her own car. I don't know any details of her life. Just that God has made a way for her, got me off my duff to care for someone who was written off as crazy, and totally blessed me for blessing her! Let's just call her Linda. I think that was her name. It's been a while. God knows her name. Say a prayer for her if you would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
God is sooooo amazing...I think it is so cool that He informed you of what happend to her...I mean He didn't have to do that...He gave you a glimps of the big picture that we so often don't get to see or forget is even there...so cool Bill...I will be praying for Linda...thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment