Thursday, September 24, 2009
NOW YOU'RE COOKIN'
Some of you that know me, know I like to cook. Years ago I was in the restaurant business and really enjoyed my job. I love to barbeque too, and have been known to stir up a pretty good meal or two. I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately, thinking on how many times I've become stagnant in my relationship with the Lord. If I don't stay close to Him on a daily basis, it is so easy to get detatched in our communication. Reminds me of when you mix something up to cook, all the ingredients are there, and it has the potential to be something great. But then the phone rings, someone at the door, or just about any distraction happens and you set the bowl aside. You come back to it after your interuptions and it is separated, settled, or just not mixed thoroughly. You can't just dump it in the pan and cook it up. No way! You have to stir it up, check the consistancy, then proceed. If I am being honest with myself, the same thing has happened to me many times through the years, in my relationship with the Lord. Interruptions. How can that happen? Real easy! Sometimes it's just a gradual thing.That's why God tells us to daily approach His throne of grace. He stirs it up again.....and again...and again.! (He's a good cook and patient too) Doing this blog has helped me to remember all the countless things God has done for me, including, stirring me up again. Why would anyone not want to get as close as they could get to God, and then just stay there? He said in His Word that "if you draw nigh to me, I will draw nigh to you!". You get really close and then you start hearing His voice. That's the place I like to be. So I guess it's up to me! Keep on stirrin' Lord. Now You're cookin'!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment