Monday, March 29, 2010

COME AS YOU ARE

Driving down the road just this past week, an old familiar song started to ring through my head and my heart. Old memories came flashing through my mind of how my Lord and Savior changed my life that day. Tucked away in overflow seating in the back room of a prayer meeting, I felt like I was just far enough away from the crowd that I was not even noticed. God saw me, but I hadn't realized that yet. Prayer time came, and this girl started singing this song as she played her acoustic guitar. " Open your heart and let Him in, God will remove all your sorrow and sin, He may not pass your way again, So open your heart and let Him in". After several choruses, the Holy Spirit overwhelmed me with conviction of my sins, yet at the same time I felt this overwhelming feeling of God's Love as if He were saying....Come as you are........and I'll change your heart. Well, that's exactly what happened. I've never been the same. You know, Jesus made it simple for the thief on the cross. He makes it simple for us too. He wants us to come as we are, ask Him to forgive us, and invite Him in to change our hearts. How easy is that? Then, today we will be with Him in Paradise. That means our eternal destiny was bought and paid for by His shed blood. Open your heart and let Him in, God will remove all your sorrow and sin, He may not pass your way again, So open your heart and let Him in.

No comments: