Monday, January 11, 2010

FAMILY

I am so blessed to have a large loving family. A wonderful mother that has been such a blessing to me my whole life. Who stayed by my my side in good times and bad. Who by example has passed on so many great qualities of character. Whom I am confident in spending eternity with in heaven due to her faith in Jesus. A father, who is with the Lord now, that faithfully prayed for me and believed God for my salvation and deliverence. He stood firm in his faith when things were looking bleak.  Both of whom have made me laugh, and have made me proud to be their son. I have 3 brothers who believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. They each have brought different joys and happiness to my life. I am proud of their accomplishments and successes in their lives. One has gone through cancer about 10 years ago and beat it. One is battling it now and remains confident he can beat this too. And the third one had to experience the tragic loss of a child. Life brings many challenges to us but we have help. God has always been there for all of us. My help commeth from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2 ...I have 4 wonderful children that have that same compassionate character passed down to them. It is such a pleasure to see them genuinely care about the well being of others. They all know Jesus as their Savior and have grown up learning about God. My 2 daughters have each blessed me with a granddaughter. My granddaughters are the joy of my life. I am blessed with 2 caring son-in-laws who are great dads to my granddaughters.....My brothers each have God-fearing wives. Two of my brothers have given me 5 nieces, one of whom is with the Lord now.....They too have made me laugh and brought me much joy through the years. They are raising their own beautiful families now and are firm in their Christian beliefs.  Both sides of my family are such a blessing. My dad had 6 brothers and sisters, and my mom 7 brothers and sisters. They all have great families. I've got some remarkable cousins. Many of whom are also in love with Jesus. Yes, I would call all this quite a blessing. I do not take this for granted. I thank God often for this. What a great day that will be when we are all in heaven worshipping our Lord together! I speak the blessing of the Lord over all of them in the Name of Jesus! Dear Lord, bring out the best in them and prosper them in this new decade of 2010!! Reveal Yourself to each and every one of them and let their lives reflect Your love. Bring forth miracles in all aspects of their lives. Remind us all to pray for each other daily. Amen

No comments: