Friday, December 4, 2009
WATCHING OVER ME
Just in the last couple of years, I have had some close calls with accidents. In fact, just last week, one occurred. As I lay in bed half asleep waiting for my 2nd alarm to go off, I glance up as my cat decides to jump up on the top of the headboard. Her foot slips and she springs off her back paw from my open eyeball and makes it to the top. Well, I felt the claw run across my eyeball and one of the others break my skin on my bottom eyelid. I put my my hand up to my eye and realized it was bleeding. I cleaned it up a bit and noticed what appeared to be a scratch from the outside of the color across the white to the inside by the tearduct. I didn't know how bad it was so I laid back down and waited 3 hours so I could make a Dr. appointment when they opened. I prayed about it and then later that day got in to see an eye doctor and got an excellent report. Not even a scratch was found. Just an irritated blood vessel. No further treatment necessary. Just ointment on the broken skin under the eye above the cheekbone to prevent any infection. Praise the Lord He was watching over me. A couple of years earlier on 2 different occasions I had mishaps with power saws. First, one time I was installing some new windows on this project and ran into a problem. When we tore the old drywall out where the new window was to go, we discovered a 2 inch abandoned steel vent pipe. So I go up the ladder with a reciprocating saw (Sawzall) with a brand new 6 inch blade, and proceed to cut the top of this pipe at the the top of the 8 foot wall. 95% through, the blade jammed in the pipe and threw me off the ladder on to the ground. On the way down, with my finger pressed well down on the trigger, and the saw going at full force, the blade hits my arm just below the elbow. The blade should have lopped off my arm or at least cut in deeply. When it hit my arm it bounced a couple of times and kept sawing until I was able to pull it away. Just a 2 inch scratch that barely even broke the skin. Truly a miracle! I was amazed , and still am. Later that year I was doing some work for someone in a tight workspace in the front room of their condo. I was cutting a couple of inches off a 2x2 stud with a large handheld circular saw with the blade depth set for 2 1/2 inches. Well, The blade jammed as I briefly took my eye off of it, and the saw drops, with the finger still on the trigger. It hits me in the abdomen and cuts into my stomach. My T-shirt wads up in the saw and stalls the motor. The blade only cut in less than 1/4 inch deep. I get stitched up and go back to work the next day. If that blade had gone deeper it would have been very serious. Why am I telling you all this. Because in the midst of my carelessness, or just being there when something bad happens, God was there watching over me. The results could have been terrible, but God saw me through. Such a blessing He has been to me! Thank you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thank you Lord for your protection over Bill...amen
Post a Comment